Chibishichan1x2

Chibishichan1x2

The Locker Room - Amy Lane 3.5 The Locker room was an interesting read. I loved the fact that Xan and Chris have been together for the whole of their adult lives. Their story is beautiful and not compleat unrealistic I think. Growing up in NC and following unc and other college basketball teams in my area made this book feel close to home and i felt like i could relate in a unique way. While i dont even like basketball in my area its hard to avoid watching games. This book had a good balance of making the reader comfortable enough with a major part of the book (basketball) without making the reader seem bored or confused. However, There were a lot of things i disliked about the story but it was always the story i had issue with and not the writing. The book felt longer than it was (perhaps because I had to put it down repeatedly to study for exams). Mainly I really disliked what they did on the 3rd home game each month. Call me romantic and ignorant of pro sports life but I figured they could find ways around it. Hence one of the problems I had with the story. The ending also was less than desirable but I think I get where the author was going. The locker room is worth reading but don't expect to get a happy fluffy read. This book is full of drama and did not leave me feeling exactly upbeat.